PERSONAL DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED FOR FAMILY PETITION AND ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS
I, PETITIONER (U.S. CITIZEN)
1. US PASSPORT
2. IF NATURALIZED, PLEASE PROVIDE A COPY OF YOUR CERTIFICATE OF NATURALIZATION
3. MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
4. PROOF OF TERMINATION OF ANY PRIOR MARRIAGES (if applicable)
5. BIRTH CERTIFICATES OF CHILDREN (IF ANY);
6. TAX RETURNS FOR THE LAST (2008) Year (Petitioner) accompanied by the W-2 or 1099 forms.
*Please be advised that for 2 people household your annual gross adjusted income should be $18,212 or more. Add $4,350 for each additional dependent.
7. Letter from your current employer verifying your employment. It must be written on the business stationery and read as follows, “To Whom It May Concern, __________ ________(your name and last name) is currently employed by our company in the position of __________ . His/Her (annual) salary is _________. He/She is in good standing with the company.” This letter can be signed either by your immediate supervisor or the head of Human Resources/President.
8. 1 Passport size photo taken within last 30 days (digital self-printed photos are not acceptable)
If you have insufficient income and are using a joint sponsor you must submit:
· Tax returns for the last (2008) year accompanied by the W-2 or 1099 forms. If the joint sponsor is married, provide a copy of marriage certificate
· Show proof of his/her or their legal status in the United States (Green Card or a U.S. Passport/Certificate of Naturalization)
· Letter-verification of employment as shown above
II. BENEFIICARY (ALIEN RELATIVE):
1. BIRTH CERTIFICATE ACCOMPANIED BY ITS TRANSLATION TO ENGLISH LANGUAGE
2. PASSPORT (copies of the first page showing the passport number and (if any) visa page and I-94 Arrival/Departure Card (“white card)
3. PROOF OF TERMINATION OF ANY PRIOR MARRIAGES (copy of the divorce or death certificate) – if applicable
4. BIRTH CERTIFICATES OF CHILDREN (IF ANY);
5. 6 RECENT PHOTOS OF PASSPORT FORMAT
6. If you have ever been convicted or placed in an alternative sentencing program or rehabilitative program (such as a drug treatment or community service program), submit:
1. An original or court-certified copy of the sentencing record for each incident; and
2. Evidence that you completed your sentence, specifically:
a. An original or certified copy of your probation or parole record; or
b. Evidence that you completed an alternative sentencing program or rehabilitative program.
7. If you have ever had any arrest or conviction vacated, set aside, sealed, expunged, or otherwise removed from your record, submit:
1. An original or court-certified copy of the court order vacating, setting aside, sealing, expunging, or otherwise removing the arrest or conviction; OR
2. An original statement from the court that no record exists of your arrest or conviction.
8. MEDICAL CLEARANCE DOCUMENTS IN A SEALED ENVELOPE (not required in fiancé-based adjustments or if going for visa consular proceedings)
Filing Fees: $1,365.00 (total) (I-130 - $355.00 + Adjustment of Status to Permanent Resident - $1,010 (includes travel document and work authorization).
The check for USCIS should be made payable to “Department of Homeland Security”.